Getting out and facing reduction

Just trying to get some insight and/or help.

So I'm ETS'ing from the Army within the next 6months, and my command (1SG/CO) are going all out to get me to attend WLC, I am a SGT like I said with 6months left in the military. They are threatening reduction of rank. Anybody have any insight on how I should go about handling, outside of actually attending WLC?
Original Post
Sadly the above answer is about right.

It is command dependent, but by Reg they could take away your SGT for refusing to go to WLC. I know here the CSM puts a time that you must have the appropriate class done by and if you do not you will be reduced. Hell even our soldiers going to the board are counseled that by going to the board they are also agreeing to go to the appropriate NCOES schooling afterwards.
quote:
Originally posted by WhySoSeriousArmy:
Just trying to get some insight and/or help.

So I'm ETS'ing from the Army within the next 6months, and my command (1SG/CO) are going all out to get me to attend WLC, I am a SGT like I said with 6months left in the military. They are threatening reduction of rank. Anybody have any insight on how I should go about handling, outside of actually attending WLC?

Just go to WLC and keep your rank. It's only 2-4 weeks out of your life (depending where you are stationed).

It's not that bad. But if you really don't want to go, then deal with the reduction.

Add Reply

Likes (0)