grandfather's WWII unit

I know i'm going for a shot in the dark here, but my Grandpa was in the Navy during WWII. He was on an aircraft carrier and I don't know what the name of the ship was that he served on. He died a couple of years ago and my daughter has been asking me a lot of questions about what he did during the war and i never got the chance sit and really have a good talk with him about the war. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me at least get the name of the carrier he served on? I MIGHT be able to take it from there, but i don't know. His name was Albert Catalano his nickname in the Navy was "Muzzy". He was from Pennsylvania. And i really, really would appreciate anyones help!
Original Post
try going to the "NAVY TMES" web site. They should have a locator column that you can write to. They will publish the info, then hopefully someone reading can find the info you need.
Wehen your grandfather was discharged he should have recieved some paperwork. That paperwork may have had the name of the ship he was on, if he kept it.
Have you asked your parents/aunts/uncles? They may know.

Also the department of the navy may have some sort of records to help you out.

Add Reply

Likes (0)