Green to Gold 4 Yr Scholarship

Im wondering the same thing. I have been asking my chain of command to defer my school date but they are not hearing it. CSM is insistant on me going. I guess if Im selected Ill just show the Commadant my orders. Whats the worst he can do? Give me a marginal 1059?
Well looks like the active duty option applicants are just starting to find out if theyve been selected. Hopefully we'll find out soon. Where is everyone on this thread?

@Omega- Maybe were the only two applicants for the 4 yr scholarship lol i wish...
The hip pocket scholarship is for a Green to gold scholarship. It's just a different way of getting it. You still go through the same process except you don't have to go through a board. You get selected by your Division Commander. And you have to meet all the qualifications for it.
There is a deadline for the application for the Hip pocket scholarship. Same time for the G2G scholarship. Only held on the first board of each year. Your Division Commander has to write a recommendation letter for your packet. You submit it just like you would for the G2G. So will not need to go through the board if you have been approved by your division commander.
I called Pringle and I was not selected- for those waiting still to find out they can look at my stats to guess their own chances

E-4 11B
3.18 GPA
276 PT score
129 GT Score
WLC
1660 SAT
1 deployment
I thought my stats were strong- apparently not strong enough for ROTC
My status has updated and I got selected. Congrats to everyone who got it. It said this:

"You have been offered an Army ROTC Scholarship. We must receive your acceptance/declination by the date in your letter or the offer will be withdrawn. Your name will be sent to DODMERB the day your winner letter is printed. There will be about 72 workweek hours prior to being able to see your name in the DODMERB system.

You have been selected to recieve a four year Army ROTC Green to Gold Scholarship."
Is anybody checking this thread this year. Am I the only person waiting to hear back results from the 4 YR Scholarship? Does anybody know the rough dates as to when it will be announced. Reviewing the past threads, it has com out anywhere from 15 June to 15 July? That isnt good enough. I am in Afghanistan and I am tired of playing the waiting game. I will still have to redploy and then clear in time. Whats the good word?
Yea, that is what i got from Ms. Pringle. That my CO will get the notification first. I am going for the 4 yr scholarship. I am tired of this waiting game. I need the results so that i can redeploy and start clearing out of germany and then get to the states.
quote:
Originally posted by Nperez1986:
I'm tracking as well, I applied for the 3 yr Post Commanding General Scholarship, and I yet have heard or received any emails, it's killing me as well. Apparently your commander will receive the acceptance letter from what my ROTC told me.

Hey will you keep me posted if and when you hear anything. I will let you know if and when i hear something also...your the only person ive talked to who is going for a scholarship. Seems like the only active forum is the ADO. Where are you planning on going to school.
I know you posted over a week ago but you should know if you received the Hip Pocket Scholarship or not by now. The Hip Pocket is selected before the board starts.

I know this because I called my division G1 and asked April 30th if my packet was endorsed and sent up to CC. The only Hip Pocket packets that get sent to CC are the selected packets. But you packet still gets boarded to insure you are qualified to receive the scholarship.

quote:
I'm tracking as well, I applied for the 3 yr Post Commanding General Scholarship, and I yet have heard or received any emails, it's killing me as well. Apparently your commander will receive the acceptance letter from what my ROTC told me.
quote:
Originally posted by frost_65:
I know you posted over a week ago but you should know if you received the Hip Pocket Scholarship or not by now. The Hip Pocket is selected before the board starts.

I know this because I called my division G1 and asked April 30th if my packet was endorsed and sent up to CC. The only Hip Pocket packets that get sent to CC are the selected packets. But you packet still gets boarded to insure you are qualified to receive the scholarship.

quote:

Yea, my hip pocket got screwed up and my BDE didnt send it to my division G1. So it pasted the deadline and then i got told to try again next year. Kinda of F***ed up. But its the army. Im used to it.
My BDE had no clue what they were doing I was walking them thru the process and had to find the OPORD myself because they didn't know what I was talking about.

I believe this is why only three people applied for the HP. This is messed up in my opinion. It takes away from Soldiers who don't know about the opportunity to get a free scholarship.

I tell every Soldier about HP scholarship now because it's not like ADO where you need 2 years of school anyone can apply and get free money and a commission.
If you turned in everything before the due date, you can ask your ROTC BN in June if you've been accepted. I found out through my ROTC BN that I've been accepted before it even showed up on that site to check your status, and don't call Ms.Pringle too much!! Make sure you take care of your waivers and all the other medical stuff WAY before! Good luck Smiler

Add Reply

Likes (0)