Help with sub standard barracks

I am currently assigned to Wiesbaden Army Airfield. The barracks here are the worst I have ever seen in the Army. E-4 and below are forced to share rooms and 4 soldiers share 1 bathroom. E-5 and E-6 get their own room but SSG's have to reside in the barracks even though they are E-6. We have a lot of very disgruntled soldiers here about to file a mass EO or IG complaint for sub standard housing. Any advice about how to approach this problem tactfully without having to resort to EO or IG? The only official channels I have found so far for our concerns are BOSS and AFAP. We want to constructively solve the problem. We don't want to get people in trouble. New family housing is being built and remodeled as we speak. Lots of constuction on post but none of this money is getting spent on the single soldiers and geographical bachelors on unaccompanied tours. Again any advice on approaching this in a constructive way through official channels would be greatly appreciated.
Original Post
Well that is crappy but not the "worst" I have heard of, as a SPC and below I lived in like 50 year old barracks (at least that old) and everyone in the barracks shared the same restroom of 4 toilets and 4 showers (males had one females had another), some had single man rooms other had to share a room too...I dont see that as substandard, there were just not enough new barracks on post...now the SSG's by regulation can and are authorized BAH and be off post...

What does your chain of command say about this? not your squad leader and LT but your CO and 1SG and above?

Add Reply

Likes (0)