Housing question for unaccompanied overseas tour

Will my wife be authorized to stay in on post housing to my return duty station of choice when I do my unaccompanied overseas tour? For example: If I go to Kuwait and select FT hood for my return duty assignment, can she move to FT Hood while I am in Kuwait and live in on post housing?
Original Post
I don't know about moving into on post housing but I do know that your spouse can stay in on post housing when you go to a dependent restricted tour. I have seen other Soldiers do this. Your best bet is to contact the housing office at Ft Hood to get your answers.
I have to agree with them on this also. BUT, I know I am getting ready to PCS to FT. Lewis from FT. Sill, and my wife is leaving early. The housing office there has a Special POA for the spouse so that she can get us either on the waiting list for housing there or get us into housing on FT. Lewis, while I finish up things here at FT. Sill. So like they said, it all depends upon the post that you are going to.
quote:
Originally posted by manosax:
I have to agree with them on this also. BUT, I know I am getting ready to PCS to FT. Lewis from FT. Sill, and my wife is leaving early. The housing office there has a Special POA for the spouse so that she can get us either on the waiting list for housing there or get us into housing on FT. Lewis, while I finish up things here at FT. Sill. So like they said, it all depends upon the post that you are going to.

That's actually pretty cool. And smart. The thing is though, just because he has Fort Hood as his return assignment, that does not mean he's going to go there. I had Fort lee, VA for my return assignment when I went to Korea in 2007 and when I left in 2008 I was sent to Bragg.

This is my opinion, I would leave my spouse where she was, do my tour and find out where I'm going once I get my assignment and orders and then move my family to the base of my assignment. That's just what I would do.

Add Reply

Likes (0)