How long?

depends on wheather theres the new or old flywheel cover if its the new one it shouldent take more than 30 45 min if its the new one and your being anal and not bending the fly wheel cover and drop the y pipe it could take upwards of 2 hours i say bend it now the question you should be asking is how long does it take your pll cleark to get a new starter if your unit doesnt have any lines weeve been waitin of one for two months now
[quote:946b9a6e3d="MOTORHEAD"]how long does it take your pll cleark to get a new starter if your unit doesnt have any lines weeve been waitin of one for two months now[/quote:946b9a6e3d]

LOL

It takes me ten minutes to complete the process with everything available and without the flywheel cover.
[quote:1884e3a2b8]question you should be asking is how long does it take your pll cleark to get a new starter if your unit doesnt have any lines weeve been waitin of one for two months now
[/quote:1884e3a2b8]

Hey now, don't automatically jump on the clerks if the Higher Sources of Supply are backordered .... of course, depending on how "bad" you need it, the PLL NCO should know someone he could do a "drug deal" with ....

not that I would know anything about that, mind you........................
[quote:3fd24b7c98="Bradmeister"][quote:3fd24b7c98]question you should be asking is how long does it take your pll cleark to get a new starter if your unit doesnt have any lines weeve been waitin of one for two months now
[/quote:3fd24b7c98]

Hey now, don't automatically jump on the clerks if the Higher Sources of Supply are backordered .... of course, depending on how "bad" you need it, the PLL NCO should know someone he could do a "drug deal" with ....

not that I would know anything about that, mind you........................[/quote:3fd24b7c98]

LOL...that's funny. Hmmm...let's see, from my experience the truck WON'T crank without a starter so i think this ALWAYS falls under the 02 priority! meaning we needed it like yesterday. :lol:
That's 10 minutes with the old starter removed right? Also, is that with or without someone there holding it up for you? Shim in place too? Just curious as I didn't think there was anyone else out there that could do it faster than me :P . lol. Oh, and btw. All you benders out there, the reason why that cover is there in the first place is so the elements won't get in there and screw up the gears or warp the flywheel. Try changing out these starters and flywheels in really cold weather because the mechanic who worked on this vehicle previously decided to bend or leave those covers off :evil: . It's a big pain :roll: .

Add Reply

Likes (0)