how to get the homeland security mission

I was in the Guard for a little while during my college time and voluntered to deploy when cash ran short. Ya, some ppl get jobs but I went overseas.
Anyway, I talked to the guy who ran the orderly room and he was able to pull up a list of slots open that you can volunteer for. I had a choice of Iraq, Afghanistan, Cuba, Bosnia, Kosovo, Africa, plus some missions in Washington, D.C. and the surrounding area.
I really cant remember what the list is called, but for each country there will be a list of which MOS are needed and some are immateriel, meaning it doesnt matter what MOS you currently have, plus it will tell you the length of the tour.
Its a really good way to get some active duty time under your belt, plus make money. And the list is updated every week or two.
There are memos that are sent out to most of the units that are within the area of a SAD mission. If you check with your unit clerk they might have info. I don't want to give contact specifics over a forum but you should ask specificly for SAD missions.

Add Reply

Likes (0)