I-Hold Lifted

My friend is on international hold due to a traffic accident which is not of his fault. The unit that he is in pretty much gave the Korean government jurisdiction over the case (talk about protecting your own when the MP even stated that he was not at fault) Anyhow, his unit had him signed the FSTE paperwork three times now and he already missed his Deros. He had reenlisted for Hawaii and is five months past his report date. He still wants to PCS to Hawaii but unfortunately, his assignment could change. Who can he speak to about this, because apparently his Unit does not care and worries more about giving him UCMJ action, even after the fact that they did not help him with his situation. Advice or suggestions??
Original Post
If the paperwork they submitt with the UCMJ states he was at fault, they can give him the UCMJ, specially if he was careless, wreckless, playing around, stuff like that.

His assignment would not change, he reenlisted for Hawaii, not for a report date to Hawaii, so they will just change his report date to Hawaii when the FSTE is approved, he also did not have to sign the FSTE, as they can just submit one without his signature and a copy of his Adverse Action flag.

I know, this is what I did while I was in Korea.
There shouldn't be such thing as double punishment. He hasn't been home for two years and his unit doesn't care. The SOFA liason says that he could start clearing but his unit wants otherwise. Is there a regulation or anything written somewhere stating that he could keep his duty station for which he reenlisted for? Apparently, it's no longer on his ASK and he now has no clue where they might be sending him which I think is b.s.
Gotta love the Army, it id really dboule punishment, just because he is in holding does not mean his unit is punishing him. If he is cleared he is cleared then start finding out what he can't leave Korea, as the unit, ask his BN, ask, JAG, ask IG.

As for not being home for two years, I am sorry for him but it will be 3+ years before I might even see my family again. I do what I have to do and when I get home I get home.
quote:
Originally posted by kTari01:
There shouldn't be such thing as double punishment. He hasn't been home for two years and his unit doesn't care. The SOFA liason says that he could start clearing but his unit wants otherwise. Is there a regulation or anything written somewhere stating that he could keep his duty station for which he reenlisted for? Apparently, it's no longer on his ASK and he now has no clue where they might be sending him which I think is b.s.

Does the "SOFA Liason" have all the information? He is on hold b/c he is pending either UCMJ or in his case, he got in trouble downtown and has an international hold...how good do you think it would look if everytime a military member did something wrong in a country where we are their guests, we just pull them and send them back to the US???? Not very good huh?

I know he doesnt like it, but thats whats happening to him. As I stated, he re-up for a duty station, not a report date, someone correct me if im wrong but if he passed his report date, then he would be taken off assignment but since he reenlisted he can still go there, he just has to be given another reporting date?

He hasnt been home in two years? So he has been denied leave for two years? How many times did he request to take leave in the past two years? All of those times it was denied? Did he plan it to where it would be less likely to be denied? You are telling me that for two years he has been denied leave? or are you telling me he didnt think about going home b/c he was either having a good time or he didnt save money to buy a plane ticket and now that he is on hold he is complainin about not being home for 2 years?

Add Reply

Likes (0)