I start terminal leave in 6 months

As much as I love the Army and what it has provided for me, I have determined that I do not want to live this way for the next 16+ years after my initial four year enlistment. So, I'm ETSing and using the Army as a stepping stone to greater things in life.

I'm done with ACAP, but I don't know what to do from here. My friends who have just recently ETSed tell me to wait on my orders. I've spoken to HRC and they said they need a copy of my terminal leave DA31 approved by my CO in order to start pushing out orders. My DA31 is approved and has been pushed through, they said it's too early out for them to really start anything. I start terminal leave in May 2nd, 2014. While I'm waiting on my orders to be pushed through, what else can I do to make my transition from the Army and any outprocessing that I need to do a smooth process?

Anything will help, thank you.
Original Post
-Look for a job
-look for a place to live
-make sure that ALL your awards and training are updated
-when it's time make sure the DD214 reflects that last one
-go get your clothing records off AKO, make sure you have all your stuff, and that it's CLEAN and ready to turn in to CIF (as applicable)
-get your teeth cleaned (free Big Grin )
-make sure your shots are up-to-date (also free)
-find out where the VA closest to your new home is

Thanks for your service! Good luck!!!! Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by AutobahnSHO:
-Look for a job
-look for a place to live
-make sure that ALL your awards and training are updated
-when it's time make sure the DD214 reflects that last one
-go get your clothing records off AKO, make sure you have all your stuff, and that it's CLEAN and ready to turn in to CIF (as applicable)
-get your teeth cleaned (free Big Grin)
-make sure your shots are up-to-date (also free)
-find out where the VA closest to your new home is

Thanks for your service! Good luck!!!! Big Grin

Best advice ever.

Any dental would be the ideal way to go. That shiz is expensive on the outside world. Like auto stated you have enough time to make this a very easy and smooth transition.
Congrats! I ets'd Jan 14. Here's some of what I had to figure out on my own...

• Apply for a VA BDD claim, if applicable.
  • If you're interested in using your VA benefits to attend school, you can fill out the online paperwork for that. Make sure to look at the bah & accreditation for each school you are considering.
  • Write your resume with your military experience converted into civilian terms.
  • Make sure your DD214 is completely accurate
    Register with the ebenefits website before you get out of the DOD System
  • Register for your free medical coverage with the local VA office.

Add Reply

Likes (0)