I want to disagree what do you think?

I want to disagree a counseling that calls me out for Failing to Report to duty on time. The back story is I shoed at 0615 thinking show time was 0630 when it was actually 0600. I just got back from deployment so I had no clue, but the NCOIC says it was in my initial counseling when i first returned even though it does not specifically say the exact time just "be on time to work and in the right uniform."

I know how paperwork can stack over the little things and I'm sorta not in the mood for games after 9 years and told myself I was going to start defending myself when I come across a unresponsible leaders.

I curious what others would do, would you bite the bullet in this instance or stand up and put it on paper? And If I disagree do I explain why to the point or is it better to call leadership out in my defense, ie "its leaderships responsibility to make sure soldiers know the right time and place," or just subtle with "soldier was not aware/given(something along the lines) with the proper show time."

Advise/wisdom is helpful.
Original Post
Were you the only one out of the PLT that was not not cleared about reporting that showed up ? normally if someone puts out it wrong time/location most Soldiers would be late/not at the right place...then you can hold the NCO responsible for not puting out the correct info...if thats your 1st offense just suck it up and state your reason for being late on the back.
Thank you for the reply, and No, there are only 7 of us at this assignment 2 E6, 1 E5, 4 SPC. So no real PLT fashion here. Before I was deployed show time was 0630. The other reason that made me edgy was the fact I was on a 24 hour shift, and this incident took place in the morning, I didnt get the couseling until 2000, long after normal business hours. There wasnt anyone to call, or ask for assistance outside the unit. I was told at 2000 when I was read the couseling that it had to be signed before 0600 the following day.

As of this morning i disagreed and wrote "soldier requesting 24 hours for adequate time to seek legal aid for rebutal."
So you were never told about 0600, and the counseling never stated 0600? Are you receiving an A15 or trying to go the court martial route? Why would you need 24 hours to seek legal aid?

Just show whoever is counseling you the initial counseling showing that it was never stated when formation was. If you were not the only one late, then chances are the 0600 time was never put out. Does nobody have cell phones that you can call after 2000? Since you got the counseling at 2000, did you ask about formation time as you were getting the counseling?
quote:
Originally posted by mastadan:
Were you the only one out of the PLT that was not not cleared about reporting that showed up ? normally if someone puts out it wrong time/location most Soldiers would be late/not at the right place...then you can hold the NCO responsible for not puting out the correct info...if thats your 1st offense just suck it up and state your reason for being late on the back.

I agree with this post. Take the counseling and express your concerns and drive on. For a deployment, you should be focusing on your mission than this.

Add Reply

Likes (0)