Lean Six Sigma Training (Black Belt)

Has anyone gone through the Army's Lean Six Sigma Training (Black Belt)? I am looking into the program and noticed some class dates, but this doesn't seem like the normal drop your 4187/put in school packet request. There seems to be more to this.

Can/could anyone shed some light on this area on how to process for the training? Plus how difficult the courses possibly are or aren't?

I have looked into this area and thought it would be a great career enhancer, but also a resume builder. Thank you in advance for any help that I may recieve.
Original Post
There is no 4187 requirement for this. I use to work for GE Capital where they provided this free for its employees. You can take the overview online course like I did while I was stationed in Germany.

To earn the actual certificate, you will have a project or demonstrate in your profession on how you can streamline processes and make a specific task more efficient. It looks good on a resume but I do not see where you would pursue it for your Army MOS (promotion points reasons). I will go to your local education center for further information.

Add Reply

Likes (0)