Living on post has it's advantages as well as it's disadvantages. Here are SOME
Pros to living on post:
1. There is no need to pay the montly rent, because it's already paid.
2. There currently is no utility payments.
3. No deposit needed when leasing house/apartment.
4. You'll be able to sleep an extra 15 minutes compared to the Soldier who lives off post.
5. You'll be able to go home for lunch rather than eating at a on post food establishment or "lunch bagging it".
1. You must maintain your lawn or you will receive a notification from a housing manager.
2. Your expected to be one of the first personnels to show up for alert compared to others who live 50 miles from the post.
3. If you left something at your house you'll be expected to run and get it with in a split second.
4. You can see how much BAH you receive, but will also notice it's listed in allotments too.