Marginal Question

If a Soldier bust tape on the 1st weigh in at WLC I see he can retake the test in 7 days. What I want to know is if he passes in 7 days will he still be Marginal or have a chance at passing? As we all know having a Marginal is a career ender. He was taped yesterday by the 1SG, Training NCO and I and was 2% under and today he was 1% over. We were not taping loosely because 1SG does not want send anyone to a NCOES unless they are at least 2% under and have 70 percent in each event on the APFT.
Original Post
If a Soldier goes to WLC and fails their initial tape test they will be counseled and automatically removed from honors. They will be retaped prior to graduation, if they pass they can still get "achieved course standards" depending on how the rest of the course went. If they fail the second tape they will receive a "marginal" 1059 no matter what they did in the remainder of the course. It is the safest bet to just wait until the Soldier is "well" within the standard before sending them to any school. Also if they are taping over you should be flagging them which in turn would not allow them to go to WLC.

Add Reply

Likes (0)