Meps did not go as planned

I finished up meps yesterday and everything was going perfect until i had to pick my mos. I got a 90 on the asvab & was told i should have a pick at almost any job. However, none of the 7 i had on my list was open. I had to settle on a job i did not want. What are the chances that i can get something else before my ship date
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by ill_noiz:
I finished up meps yesterday and everything was going perfect until i had to pick my mos. I got a 90 on the asvab & was told i should have a pick at almost any job. However, none of the 7 i had on my list was open. I had to settle on a job i did not want. What are the chances that i can get something else before my ship date


slim to none, if none of the jobs you wanted were there you should have told them you were going to walk out, trust me they would have found one of them or found you one you were happy with...did they make any phone calls or just look at the list?

Now you are in, yeah you can go back and try to change it but no guarantee that the jobs will be any better...unless you planning on shipping with that job you got and spending your entire contract doing that job, bug the hell out of your recruiter to change it.
You also don't have to join. You aren't really in until you ship, and even then you're not really in for something like 180 days. Best to go change it if you didn't get the job you want. No guarantee one you want will pop up but you need to decide if you're willing to spend years of your life doing something you don't really want to.
quote:
Originally posted by TransAm95NCO:
slim to none, if none of the jobs you wanted were there you should have told them you were going to walk out, trust me they would have found one of them or found you one you were happy with...did they make any phone calls or just look at the list?

Now you are in, yeah you can go back and try to change it but no guarantee that the jobs will be any better...unless you planning on shipping with that job you got and spending your entire contract doing that job, bug the hell out of your recruiter to change it.


they just looked at the list.I didn't know they could call to check or find one. I kept stalling but to no avail. I really don't want to be stuck with something i'll probably not enjoy for the next 6yrs. I talked to my recruiter and he said he will try his best to get me something that was at least on my list.
quote:
Originally posted by Eyesinthesky:
You also don't have to join. You aren't really in until you ship, and even then you're not really in for something like 180 days. Best to go change it if you didn't get the job you want. No guarantee one you want will pop up but you need to decide if you're willing to spend years of your life doing something you don't really want to.


My recruiter said if i don't find something he will write me out. Thats my last resort and i really don't want it to come to that. I want to be in , but if i have to i'll just suck it up.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×