More questions about KOREA

Im in the MI and im being sent to 501st MI BDG in Yongsan and I was curious if I will actually be working there in Seoul or if I will be sent to work at one of the camps. From what I could tell on the websites, it looks like I would be going to Camp Humphreys? If thats the case, any information on that camp and getting my wife there would be very much apreciated. Thank you very much.

PFC Wells
Original Post
your orders say 501st? you could end up a number of places if you go to the 501st. yongsan's just the location of the bde hq. most of the operational elements are elsewhere.

on a side note, you're not really locked into an assignment until the replacement company processes you (you'll see. it's tons of fun.) you could go anywhere, depending on who is needed where. but, you'll probably end up in the 501st if that's what your orders say.

what's your MOS? i spent a couple of years in the 501st, btw.
Im a 35N just finishing training over here in Texas. The orders do say 501st MI COMPO and my assumption was that Yongsan was just going to be the in-processing area. I appreciate you clearing that up for me. As far as being able to bring my wife, do you know how possible, or how long that would take to happen? And Im glad to have found someone who has been in the 501st. I would appreciate any intel you could give me. Thank you.

PFC Wells
Your assignement depends on alot of things: language qualification, what 2ID decides they need that day, and the needs of the different sections that belong to 501st in Yongsan. I sent you an email, just in case you don't feel like posting everything up on here, but if you want to keep it on here feel free Smiler

They took about 5 months to get the paperwork done to bring my family over, but our section had little to no interaction with the admin side of the unit, so things took forever. Also, that was a few years ago (I left last year) so things could be getting processed better or worse, it depends on the quality of personnel they have working the issues.

Add Reply

Likes (0)