Need excersise advice for BCT preparations.

Hi everyone! Im currently interested in joining the Army. Right now im trying to get ready for BCT, but I need some advice. Currently, I do 100 push-ups and 100 situps a day. Is this enough to get into shape in 2 months. im 18 and I weigh 260 pounds. Also, I plan to start a running program tomorrow. Any advice is appreciated.
Original Post
Lots and lots of cardio. You need to be able to run 2 miles in under 16:36 to pass at 50 points, 15:54 for 60 points.

How tall are you? Depending on your height, you may have to lose upwards of 80-90 lbs. Try programs like insanity or P90X to get in great shape and lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time.
100 push ups and sit ups a day doesn't really mean anything unless you can do that much in 2 minutes or less. In order to pass basic training, you must pass the physical fitness test at 50 points in each event. You have 2 minutes each for the push up and sit up events, and you have to run 2 miles in under 16:36. So, at age 18 you would need to do 35 pushups in 2 minutes, 47 sit ups in 2 minutes, and run faster than a 16:36. Now those numbers are for 50 points in each event, By IET, you need to pass at 60 points in each event, so needless to say, those numbers increase for the push ups and sit ups and decreases for the run.
quote:
Originally posted by Go Ordnance:
Lots and lots of cardio. You need to be able to run 2 miles in under 16:36 to pass at 50 points, 15:54 for 60 points.

How tall are you? Depending on your height, you may have to lose upwards of 80-90 lbs. Try programs like insanity or P90X to get in great shape and lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time.

Im currently 5'9"

Add Reply

Likes (0)