need help from current 68E's!!!

Currently im a e4 68Q(Pharmacy). The in/out calls wont allow e1-e4's to re-up in our MOS, so re-classing is our only re-up option. I tried finding some loopholes, waivers and anyone who has connections with HRC, but I had no luck. I love the medical corp and I want to stay in, and 68E seems to be the best fit. So I had a question about 68E. Im trying to map out my next two promotions (e5 & e6) and the only thing that will hold me back is civilian ed (im maxed out in awards) AARTS recommended 27 credits from my basic training and pharmacy AIT education, which translates to 40 promotion points. My question for any 68E out there is how many credits did AARTS recommend for 68E AIT? If anyone could help me out with that question, so I can get an idea of where I will be sitting at for promotion points after 68E AIT. Thank you in advance.

rrg
Original Post
I'm dental and AARTS gave me 17 for AIT and Basic.............But I don't want to be a Debbie Downer and your situation sounds alot like my current one. On two different occasions in my six year career 68E E-4 and below have not been allowed to re-up....i'm currently changing my MOS class starts in July........I'm maxed in awrds and military ed and P.T and range but only have 34 college hours you need 750 plus to be competirive in this field and E-6 has not dropped from 798 since i've been in. But if you have done your research you know this if you need any additonal info just let me know.
Thx for your reply blasian. Yeah, Medical field is probably the toughest field for rank progression. So it actually turns out that the in/out calls for 68E wont allow e4's in. So,im back to window shopping. Thx again for your advice.

Add Reply

Likes (0)