not being able to reenlist

I have been trying to reenlist, but was told I can not due to my unit not having many slots and that I was ineligable. Am I just going to have to wait until the next fiscal year to try again? I know the rules changted, but can not find the new "rules". My window closes in Dec or Jan. Is anyone else having trouble with reenlisting like this?

Thanks!
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by newlymrs:
I have been trying to reenlist, but was told I can not due to my unit not having many slots and that I was ineligable. Am I just going to have to wait until the next fiscal year to try again? I know the rules changted, but can not find the new "rules". My window closes in Dec or Jan. Is anyone else having trouble with reenlisting like this?

Thanks!


Who told you that your window will close in Dec or Jan? When is your ETS? Why are you ineligible? We need a little more info to be able to answer to your question.
From my understanding, it closes in Dec or Jan. I am trying to figure all of this out. I ETS in 2015. I've only been told that there are not enough slots for me to reenlist and I need to wait for the next fiscal year to try again. (per the reenlistment NCO). There is no reason I should be ineligable to reenlist. I just read the new Reenlistment Options and Eligibility Window from Army Reenlistment and it seems I would be ok to reenlist.
quote:
Originally posted by newlymrs:
From my understanding, it closes in Dec or Jan. I am trying to figure all of this out. I ETS in 2015. I've only been told that there are not enough slots for me to reenlist and I need to wait for the next fiscal year to try again. (per the reenlistment NCO). There is no reason I should be ineligable to reenlist. I just read the new Reenlistment Options and Eligibility Window from Army Reenlistment and it seems I would be ok to reenlist.


Just becuase you "qualify" for reenlistment does not mean you SHOULD be allowed to, this is not the Army of 5 years ago. My SGT just reenlisted, myself (Platoon Sergeant), 1SG and Commander had to sign a memo stating we agree he should reenlist. If your Commander does not think you are the best candidate to reenlist, then you won't, the slot will be reserved for someone who "deserves" it...in saying this, you need to talk to your Chain of Command to see if this is what happened or is it that you held out and all the slots got filled. Our Career Counselor talked to me the other day, he is not allowed to reenlist one person above his mission, once he meets his mission, thats it no more reups...
quote:
Originally posted by TransAm95NCO:
quote:
Originally posted by newlymrs:
From my understanding, it closes in Dec or Jan. I am trying to figure all of this out. I ETS in 2015. I've only been told that there are not enough slots for me to reenlist and I need to wait for the next fiscal year to try again. (per the reenlistment NCO). There is no reason I should be ineligable to reenlist. I just read the new Reenlistment Options and Eligibility Window from Army Reenlistment and it seems I would be ok to reenlist.


Just becuase you "qualify" for reenlistment does not mean you SHOULD be allowed to, this is not the Army of 5 years ago. My SGT just reenlisted, myself (Platoon Sergeant), 1SG and Commander had to sign a memo stating we agree he should reenlist. If your Commander does not think you are the best candidate to reenlist, then you won't, the slot will be reserved for someone who "deserves" it...in saying this, you need to talk to your Chain of Command to see if this is what happened or is it that you held out and all the slots got filled. Our Career Counselor talked to me the other day, he is not allowed to reenlist one person above his mission, once he meets his mission, thats it no more reups...


+1

Is not about window closing in Dec or Jan...is about how many they need in a specific rank/MOS/unit/BDE/post...

I just re-enlisted and before i did i was told to do it fast because there are only 3 spots left...and i am in a MOS that is always looking for applicants.
They are prolly a FY 14 Soldier now trying to reenlist.

We have about 3 in my unit that procrasterbated too long and now they are competing for one slot. So 2 won't be able to reenlist even though they are fully eligible.

If you are a FY 15 Soldier then what was said above, you should seek better clarity from CoC.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×