nurse corps

So I've been in the army for 2 years as an 11C and I have 3 years left to go. Now I was wondering how do you go to school as a nurse for the army and it be paid for and what not. Do I have to have to have a degree first or can the army just send me without one?
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by crunchy:
So I've been in the army for 2 years as an 11C and I have 3 years left to go. Now I was wondering how do you go to school as a nurse for the army and it be paid for and what not. Do I have to have to have a degree first or can the army just send me without one?

Sounds like you haven't done much research on this. First the Army won't "just send you without one". Below is the most accurate information on the goarmy website.

http://www.goarmy.com/amedd/ed...-care-education.html

If you have close to 60 credits you could apply for the AMEDD program or could go ROTC Route. As a prior 11B I would recommend signing up for American Military University (AMU)and start taking your core classes to work towards those 60 credits keeping your GPA as high as possible and apply for AMEDD or ROTC to get a commission into the Nurses Corp.

Have a plan don't just take classes to get 60 credits contact your College Nursing program to see what the prerequisites are to get into the program. Also contact a AMEDD recruiter.

Add Reply

Likes (0)