OCONUS ALC/SLC

Here is the situation. Several NCO's in my unit(including myself) are PCS'ing to Korea over the next few weeks. We all have had ALC or SLC orders cut for Conus locations within the past 72 hours.

I have been told by others NCOs that Korea has MiTT teams for NCOES. I have already brought this up the CoC and they said go with the orders. I do not want to screw other Soldiers out of a slot if the orders end up getting defered a month or two from now.

With budget cuts, I almost postive that the Army will not pay for us to go from OCONUS back to CONUS TAD for a few weeks, just to fly OCONUS. Any insights or tips would be appreciated.
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by hardcorpsarmy:
I almost postive that the Army will not pay for us to go from OCONUS back to CONUS TAD for a few weeks, just to fly OCONUS.

Says who? OCONUS Soldiers have been flying for school for decades now. However it would be best to get "TDY enroute" when you're finished. Are you on a 1yr tour??
I would advise taking the TDY and return then PCS option. ALC/SLC MTTs are MOS specific. For example, I am the BN Schools NCO of an Aviation unit OCONUS (12th CAB). The only MTTs we see are the 15 CMF. All our other MOSs get TDY and return orders costing roughly 5k-8k each depending on school length.

With the new promotion system, never pass a chance to get those 80-112 points. If they have a chance to go.. get them there.
Auto, the previous statement was made by several NCOs that just arrived from Korea. All of the NCOs stated they had to wait for the MTT to arrive.

As far as the TDY Enroute, thats a no-go since I start PCS Leave and execue my orders this coming week and the school seat isnt until March 2013. Yes, it s a one year tour and by that point I'll be halfway done.

I am just trying to do the right thing by getting the course defered early, or keep the reservation and go if I can. I just dont want baggage and avoid scewing someone out of a slot if I can't go while I'm OCOUS.

Add Reply

Likes (0)