ortho waiver

I just got back from MEPS and have to get an ortho consult. I am assuming to get a wiaver to get into Infantry. My wrist does not turn all the way but in no way hinders my ability. I just have a difficult time turning my palm face down and up. Other than that it is fine. The injury was frm a childhood fall and I have been fine since.

Does anyone know what goes on at the ortho consults? I imagine you get a closer look and if the Doc feels like you can function you get a waiver. If anyone knows about this please let me know. Thanks
Original Post
I am reminded of a soldier with a similar issue. I was grading the hand and arm signal station at the Expert Infantryman Badge. One of the candidates had limited range of motion in his wrist and therefore couldn't perform one one of the signals to standard (I think it was "Bounding Overwatch Cover Me"). He informed me of his inability and demonstrated that he knew how it was perfomed correctly so I still evaluated him as a "Go".
Daddy Warcrimes gets recognition for exercising the Army Values as an NCO for this act: "I am reminded of a soldier with a similar issue. I was grading the hand and arm signal station at the Expert Infantryman Badge. One of the candidates had limited range of motion in his wrist and therefore couldn't perform one one of the signals to standard (I think it was "Bounding Overwatch Cover Me"). He informed me of his inability and demonstrated that he knew how it was perfomed correctly so I still evaluated him as a "Go".

CO2 = Respect and he develops a highly motivated soldier..HOOAH!
Likes (0)