Please help!?

Im a future soldier trying to get in shape for basic. The problem is ive lost so much weight that now I bruise my tailbone doing sit-ups. I actually failed the sit-up portion of the pt test because of this. Anyone else had this problem? If not do you have any advice?
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by 13FOXRJT:
Im a future soldier trying to get in shape for basic. The problem is ive lost so much weight that now I bruise my tailbone doing sit-ups. I actually failed the sit-up portion of the pt test because of this. Anyone else had this problem? If not do you have any advice?

Yep. Go get it checked out--it may be a pilonidal cyst that hasn't expressed itself yet.
quote:
Originally posted by 13FOXRJT:
do they have to give you a mat in basic as well?

no- I had a scar on my tailbone from doing situps on the tile floor in the barracks room. Sometimes you get a mat for PT tests, sometimes not. Basic and AIT are just things you work through. The rest of the Army is NOT like that.

I just recommend the mat for now so you can get in shape without hurting yourself.

Keep in mind that a little bit of hurt ass will be the least of your worries later on. The Army isn't for sissies. Wink

Add Reply

Likes (0)