Problems with Branch Manager and Branch Assistants

Hello all,

Not sure if this is the right place but I figured it was the closest.

Little personal information about me:

Sergeant stationed at Fort Lewis, WA, almost 4yrs TIS. Deployed with unit here last April, had medical problem 2 weeks into deployment while in Kuwait, got sent back for a year long profile.

Medical problem is resolved and have not come down on orders at all. I want to go to Iraq or Afghanistan or anywhere that is a combat zone.

I called branch manager assistant (left a message), and sent email to followup on the phone call. I got several short terse emails from this woman telling me basically there was nothing they can do for me unless I reenlist.

Right now my ETS is 30NOV2009. I am currently in the process of trying to get a reenlistment contract for a reclass to 35M but want to reclass after I have been deployed.

The whole point of me joining the Army was to obtain my CIB like my grandfather and serve in the Infantry. Albiet I'm not making a career of the Infantry but it's just professional and career planning.

A few more emails from branch assistant ensued where I asked why I could not get orders when I have over 1 year and 5 months left on my contract and was in the process of reenlisting.

Once I sent this email I got an email back from the actual 11B2O branch manager telling me there's nothing they can do. No explanation, no help with anything.

I even explained to the assistant that I will take any station in the world as long as a unit I could get into there was deploying soon or already deployed and I could meet up with them in country.

Any ideas on how to get deployed? I've been in almost 4 years and got screwed out of my chance at deployment last year and want to finally go.

Thanks for all the help. Sorry for being long-winded.

Sergeant F
Original Post
I have a thought for you, as I am not anywhere near informed enough to influence your decision.

Have you considered researching and re-enlisting for a Rapid Deployment Post? (If nothing has changed) Ft. Stewart, GA was rapid deployment and Bragg was as well. Chances of getting deployed are greater at these.

Good Luck!
I have thought about reenlisting for any post that is going to Iraq soon, but I want to use my only chance to use the Option 3 for my reenlistment contract to reclass to 35M Human Intelligence Collector.

If I go ahead and reenlist, I won't be able to use that option to reclass. It's for first-termers only.
MCT SGT, I don't believe reenlisting for RIP/ROP would be for me. I'm already in the process of trying to reenlist for reclass to 35M.

I don't see how hard it can be to volunteer to go to Iraq. There was just an article in the Army Times about deploying people who haven't been.
You don't have to reenlist for RIP/ROP. You can just complete a packet and put in the paperwork. You get put into a queue and get called on when there is a slot. I put in a packet for Airborne school and I left a month later. Then again my unit get alot of slots for that, so depending on your unit you might be waiting a hell of a long time. I'm sure if you pass ranger and talk to the RSM there and tell them you want to go and will reenlist in country and then in country just be like, "by the way, I want a different MOS in my contract" they cant really do shit about it except give you what you want.
Got back with advon. lots of people in 202 are getting orders already, but from what I've heard, those that haven't been with the unit since 05 are staying for the next cycle. My branch offered to put me on assignment no questions asked even though I just reenlisted for stabilization (didn't want to, but that's another story)
Yea, I can relate to you about the orders. I am not wasting my one opportunity to reclass to 35M be wasted by some civilian assistant that holds disdain for anyone who asks them to do their job.

I have dealt with worthless civilians already on Fort Lewis. It's everywhere.

I am going to ask my First Sergeant about wheather or not I should write a letter to the Branch CSM about this. It should not be this difficult for somebody who has not deployed, go to Iraq to take the strain off somebody who has deployed 2-3 or 4 times.

I said I'd even volunteer for a MITT team or anything!
A buddy of mine gave me an idea. I'm going to try and contact the units deploying this fall in Hawaii, Germany, and Alaska and see if I might be able to get them to take me. Probably be able to get my First Sergeant involved and see if he can pull any strings with them.
quote:
Originally posted by pyroandbozzt:
I called branch manager assistant (left a message), and sent email to followup on the phone call. I got several short terse emails from this woman telling me basically there was nothing they can do for me unless I reenlist.

Right now my ETS is 30NOV2009. I am currently in the process of trying to get a reenlistment contract for a reclass to 35M but want to reclass after I have been deployed.

A few more emails from branch assistant ensued where I asked why I could not get orders when I have over 1 year and 5 months left on my contract and was in the process of reenlisting.

Once I sent this email I got an email back from the actual 11B2O branch manager telling me there's nothing they can do. No explanation, no help with anything.

When you are within your 24-month reenlistment window you must go through your Career Counselor for assignments, school and to change your MOS. This is the system that is in place and it's working pretty well.

As for the reason, the Army is not going to give you something for nothing ... if you want to change duty stations or units, you're gonna give more time (through reenlisting).

Also, you're reading alot of bad or misinformation being put out in this thread, i.e. Rapid Deployment Posts, Option 3 only for initial term Soldiers, and Jmet1223 entire post (Roll Eyes) so you'll need to weed through all of this.

Are you promotable? How close are you to SSG? The reason I ask is because 35M is currently only for SSGs.

Add Reply

Likes (0)