Profile PT Session

Hey guys,

Just got assigned by my 1SG to conduct Profile PT sessions for all the Soldiers on profile in my unit. Don't have a problem doing it at all, I just have to come up with a PT plan turn it in next week. Has anyone made one of these up before, and if so, what format did you use? I'm planning on just typing a plan for no running profiles and a separate one for upper body profiles. Any suggestions?
Original Post
I've actually ran a profile PT program before and I can tell you that you are basically on the right track. However, you might want to have your 1SG send you a battle buddy to help you out. That way one of you can focus on getting the upper body profiles rehabilitated and the other can focus on the rehabilitation of the lower body profiles.
Soldiers normally have "dead man" profiles because they have sustained significant injuries which prevent physical activity. "Why are you as a leader and NCO having 'fun' with it?" Furthermore, if they cannot participate in cardiovascular activity, why are you asking them to "be there" at all. It is of no benefit to you or them. Their health, and hopefully quick return to being able to accomplish the mission should come first.
quote:
Originally posted by TimmyD:
Soldiers normally have "dead man" profiles because they have sustained significant injuries which prevent physical activity. "Why are you as a leader and NCO having 'fun' with it?" Furthermore, if they cannot participate in cardiovascular activity, why are you asking them to "be there" at all. It is of no benefit to you or them. Their health, and hopefully quick return to being able to accomplish the mission should come first.


The "have fun" was sarcastic. No NCO likes babysitting or trying to have people who don't want to work do what they should.

It's not fair to those that are earning a paycheck for some to go get (falsely) dead-man profiles and not do PT. Not to mention their physical readiness suffers from being on profile.
--IF NCOs didn't harass people about them then many more Soldiers would go get them just to skip PT. So you can NOT just let them skip PT.

For every legitimate profile out there I would GUESS there are 2-3 Soldiers w/ profile just to sham.

---------------------------------

PS- welcome to the forum!!
You might realize that this forum is MOSTLY people who Want to do the right thing, and your First post is pretty questionable.. (to me anyway.
quote:
IF NCOs didn't harass people about them then many more Soldiers would go get them just to skip PT. So you can NOT just let them skip PT


Are you advocating harassing people with medical conditions so that others don't try to "cheat" the system? Let the doctors do their jobs and we as NCOs should do ours. Humiliating soldiers with legitimate conditions is not in the job description. I have seen leaders force soldiers with broken legs or other serious injuries to stand and snap their fingers for PT, etc. Is this what you are suggesting? How does this help mission readiness?

It degrades the soldier and demonstrates to the world that you are an incompetent leader. If you were a good leader, your soldiers might not be pursuing "false" profiles as you so claim. (NOTE: I have yet to see a 'dead man's profile' without physical evidence to back the claim. I.e., Army doctor's aren't issuing those types of profiles without X-rays or MRI's, etc. demonstrating actual injury.)
Just caught the welcome to the forum thing. Thank you, however, if you are suggesting that my support for soldiers with injuries is "doing the wrong thing," I think you might be way out line. We are an Army at war. Training AND fighting is intense. There have been and will be more injuries. Claiming that helping injured soldiers is akin to babysitting is outlandish to me at best.

I see a problem with the way injured soldiers are treated in our Army and I think it can be fixed, but attitudes at the NCO level must change. The last thing a young soldier who has hurt himself needs is an NCO like you "harassing" (your words) him. He needs support. Let the doctors fix him with physical therapy, etc. He or she sacrificed their body for their country. They deserve their paycheck as much if not more than you. If you have a problem with a soldier who has a "fake" profile, then they need to be dealt with individually through the chain of command and contact with their doctors. You are not a doctor, don't try to be one.
quote:
Originally posted by TimmyD:
if you are suggesting that my support for soldiers with injuries is "doing the wrong thing," I think you might be way out line. We are an Army at war. Training AND fighting is intense. There have been and will be more injuries. .


I wholeheartedly agree with helping injured or sick Soldiers.

Have you ever seen someone malingering?
quote:
Originally posted by TimmyD:
(NOTE: I have yet to see a 'dead man's profile' without physical evidence to back the claim. I.e., Army doctor's aren't issuing those types of profiles without X-rays or MRI's, etc. demonstrating actual injury.)


I have.
-2 weeks of no PT for getting teeth pulled?
-no PT profile for a toenail? (NOT a broken toe.)
-etc...
quote:
Originally posted by TimmyD:
If you have a problem with a soldier who has a "fake" profile, then they need to be dealt with individually through the chain of command and contact with their doctors.


Yes.
That was the point of the "have a great time with the Dead man profiles" comment I made. It was a sarcastic comment to begin with.

SOME of them are using the system.
It's rough (therefore NOT a "great time,") to know all the time who those abusers are. Striving as an NCO to help train, mentor, and care for Soldiers becomes difficult when you Suspect that someone might be shamming.

I'm not for one second advocating treating Soldiers unfairly or even trying to determine that a profile is fake!!

All you can do is keep sending them back to the doctor, but there are just as many diagnosis out there as there are stars in the sky. One doctor may write a profile while another says drive on.

--I'm somewhat jaded after last week's incident of a female Soldier claiming she was pregnant (since December) and somehow managing to skip regular work, PT, and class because of it. She "lost" a baby then got pregnant again.
--We SUSPECTED something was fishy, because she had some of the right paperwork from the TMC, but not all of it. NCO had to try and stay within privacy guidelines and escort them to the TMC, to see paperwork get issued-
---Turns out the Commander got involved and she NEVER WAS PREGNANT, and after she got busted on it when AWOL..

-------------------------------------------
So what happens in the future in our unit?
-Unfortunately now we scrutinize the pregnant Soldiers a little more and they might feel 'harassed' that we make them show certain documents to verify their status..
quote:
Originally posted by regulator:
I've actually ran a profile PT program before and I can tell you that you are basically on the right track. However, you might want to have your 1SG send you a battle buddy to help you out. That way one of you can focus on getting the upper body profiles rehabilitated and the other can focus on the rehabilitation of the lower body profiles.


That's a good idea. I've recently injured my achilies tendon and after going to profile PT i was shocked, they had us do stuff you see in football training, high knee's, bend squat jump, side stepping, several different type of lounges. After going to profile PT i felt kinda pathetic, because the only things i could do in profile pt without hurting myself was flutter kicks and push ups. However while the PT was not hard they had us do, it made me wonder WTH is broke on these people, cause they seemed to do all of it no problems.
need help battles,
has anyone ran a successful profile pt program?
if so please share your experiences on here.
im running into an abundance of different limitations for different Soldiers and categorizing them into different groups has been a real challenge. im limited on intructors as units aren't able to siupport with able NCO's, yet i am not abble to use my permanent profiule NCO's due to a conflict of opinions with higher ups and their views on permanent profile NCO's.
though i strongly believe that Soldiers on profile should stay within their squad so their first line leader may have a one on one mentoring with their soldier. this will also make the Soldier fell a part of the team. having them segregated and quarantined like the ebola doesn't do much good to their self esteem.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×