Question about pay in Kuwait

I'm currently waiting on my PCS orders to go to Kuwait, and I've been getting a lot of mixed stories concerning tax free pay. I understand that combat and hazardous duty pay is out of the picture seeing as the Iraq campaign is over. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Original Post
Im currently in Kuwait pcsed here in Jan....you will get the following entitlements HDP
HFP/IDP, COLA, FSH and Tax free... Some of the entitlements are also prorated ....As for BAS if you are in the ranks or SSG and below your BAS will be deducted from you automatically...SFC and above is supposed to pay out of pocket for meal, however, there is 1 DFAC that is completely free to everyone, so guess what, they don have to pay jack if they eat there. Do you know what unit you will be assigned to?
I am currently assigned to the 160th, I PCSed to Kuwait and stayed in Arifjan for maybe 24 hours before I was routed to Qatar (the gem of the middle east), then TCSd to Afghanistan. So just because you see Kuwait doesn't mean you will be staying there. I am assuming you are going to the 160th though. I have a friend that went over with me and as far as I am aware he is not drawing HDP but is getting tax free pay. The duty in Afghanistan isn't bad if you get out here, but if you can get to Qatar you will be much happier. Nothing like a tour where you can enjoy up to three drinks a day. Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions.

-D

Add Reply

Likes (0)