I'm 19 and I'm interested in enlisting in the army reserve as a 68W. I haven't talked to a recruiter yet but I have an appointment with one in a few days.
I have a few questions if someone would be kind enough to answer them for me.
1. What if there is not an army base near my house?
2. Does every unit need a 68w, if not, will there be a position for me near my home?
3. I want to enlist reserve, but would like to serve some time over seas. Is it possible to get a shorter deployment period if I'm reserve rather than the 12 month period?
4. If I have my NREMT-B cert, am I more likely to be assigned 68W (provided I have the ASVAB scores)?
5. I'm trying to get hired as a full-time paid municipal firefighter. If I'm deployed for 12 months, will the army allow me time to get my training hours (20 hours/year) to keep my cert active.