Questions about 68W

I'm 19 and I'm interested in enlisting in the army reserve as a 68W. I haven't talked to a recruiter yet but I have an appointment with one in a few days.

I have a few questions if someone would be kind enough to answer them for me.

1. What if there is not an army base near my house?

2. Does every unit need a 68w, if not, will there be a position for me near my home?

3. I want to enlist reserve, but would like to serve some time over seas. Is it possible to get a shorter deployment period if I'm reserve rather than the 12 month period?

4. If I have my NREMT-B cert, am I more likely to be assigned 68W (provided I have the ASVAB scores)?

5. I'm trying to get hired as a full-time paid municipal firefighter. If I'm deployed for 12 months, will the army allow me time to get my training hours (20 hours/year) to keep my cert active.

Original Post
Where are You at?
1. You sign a statement that you are aware that the drill takes place further tahan 50 miles away and you do it anyways without being reimbursed, some troops carpool.

2. Almost every unit needs a 68W. However if you are a E-4 and this magical position near your house has one 68W, E-4 slot and policeman89 is allready there you'll be S.O.L.

3.Under some of the most exclusive programs yes, but even then it is highly rare.

4. I don't know.

5. Yes, and you will pick up even more useful certifications as well.

Add Reply

Likes (0)