Reenlistment Bonus

My MOS has no reenlistment bonus, however, I'm currently in Afghan, so when I reenlisted, I qualified for the TIER 1 bonus for being in theater. I reenlisted for 4 years, if my math isn't off, that's 48 months. I mean pretty simple math. The bonus hasn't cleared my bank yet, so I'm not 110%, however, I spoke to a career counselor here, and she said I'm getting 2300. The tier 1, for sergeant, for 48 months (4 years) is 3900.

Am I correct on this, or am I just misunderstanding the whole retention thing?
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pet21:
My MOS has no reenlistment bonus, however, I'm currently in Afghan, so when I reenlisted, I qualified for the TIER 1 bonus for being in theater. I reenlisted for 4 years, if my math isn't off, that's 48 months. I mean pretty simple math. The bonus hasn't cleared my bank yet, so I'm not 110%, however, I spoke to a career counselor here, and she said I'm getting 2300. The tier 1, for sergeant, for 48 months (4 years) is 3900.

Am I correct on this, or am I just misunderstanding the whole retention thing?

You only get paid for your AOS "Additionally Obligated Service". For example, if you were ETSing tomorrow, and reenlisted today for 48 months, you would get paid for 48 months.

However, if your ETS is 12 months from today, and you re-enlist for 48 months, you will only get a bonus for 36 months (48-12). Your CC should have explained all of this.
Hello, I just signed my reenlistment paperwork on the 17th of this month, which was a Sunday. I was told that it should take approximately 10 days to recieve my bonus is this accurate? Or is there adifferent time frame I should be looking at in regards to recieving my bonus. I am active Army andcurrently down range. Thank you

Add Reply

Likes (0)