Rejoining?

Back in 06 i went to MEPS to enlist in the army national guard and everything went good and i signed all the paper work and everything but i didnt end up leaving to BCT when the day came due to some things i had going on here at home and never really got back to my recruiter about it. I REALLY regret not going and i think bout it ALL the time. I was wondering if i would b able to rejoin and this time leave as SOON as possible? Any help would b greatly appriciated. Thanks
Original Post
signed all the paperwork?

if you signed your enlistment contract and didnt show you you could be listed as AWOL.

you should look into that ASAP. that is punishable by UCMJ. ie big deal ( or at least used to be when I was active)

if you didnt sign the enlistment contract do some soul searching first/ house organizing and make sure your ready this time and contact your local recruiter.
WOW big guy you got things going against you right now, you joined the NG, that means the moment you signed that enlistment you were in the NG...unlike active duty the first time you sign the contract you are in the National Guard, in Active duty you have to sign it twice...

Now you could be listed as AWOL or Deserted OR they dropped you from rolls...either way you are going to have a hard time finding a Recruiter that will work with you and then a hard time convincing that Recruiter's chain of command that you have changed since then, those "things at home" have changed? can you stick to your commitment now?
I'm currently a RSP admin for the bronx. my question to you is did you report for your drill weekends with your RSP? If you never reported to your RSP drill weekends you may have been discharged out for being AWOL and you would need a waiver to comeback in!! It's a moral wavier you would need 3 letters saying why you should be aloud back in one from you and 2 from people that know you but are not family.See alot of people don't know that you should always talk to your recruiter. i enlisted at the same time and had issues and couldnt ship! it took me a 1yr and half to ship to BCT. providing you have valid and good cause not to ship they will delay your ship date for up to 24 months but here is the catch you have to be MOS q'ed by the time of your 24 month marker or you can get discharged for not being mos q'ed by the requiared time!! Also get prepared to start all over again with the enlistment process!
ohh and by the way you will not qualify for a bouns so dont let anyone tell you different see if they can get you a try one this way you won't stress the bouns and after your one yr is up you can enlist for a bonus. i don't know if they offer it but it never hurt to ask! if you want to leave quick tell them when you go sign your contract if they got the slot for school they can ship u out in less than a month depending on when your mos starts. just remember if you have issues speak up let someone in your command know "if you don't speak no one can hear you"!!

quote:
Originally posted by michael_2852002:
Back in 06 i went to MEPS to enlist in the army national guard and everything went good and i signed all the paper work and everything but i didnt end up leaving to BCT when the day came due to some things i had going on here at home and never really got back to my recruiter about it. I REALLY regret not going and i think bout it ALL the time. I was wondering if i would b able to rejoin and this time leave as SOON as possible? Any help would b greatly appriciated. Thanks

Add Reply

Likes (0)