Requirements for drill Sergeant School

I am trying to find out information on behalf of my husband.....He has volunteered for DS duty in ASK and sent an email to his assistant something (sorry). Unfortunately with no reply as of yet. He is trying to find otu what he need in apacket and where to get this info and what to do with it. He went to S3, they sent him to S1 and S1 sent him to S3....his unit is not much help at all. Can anyone help and let me know what he needs to do to get selected soon?
Beeds, Have him call his branch manager and inform them that he has vollunteered on ASK for DS duty if you would like to speed up the process. He could also fax his DS packet to HRC along with the mental eval and you can get the ball rolling. I did this and it only took about 3 weeks and I had a school date on my ATRRS. Hopes this helps.
Just in case you all don't know, the big "A" has selected NCOs with less than 4 years of service to serve as Drill Sergeants. I went to school with two of them. Also, you can now reenlist for Drill Sergeant and Recruiter duty. See your local Retention NCO today!
Last I knew, you could not reenlist for DS, this was back in April.

I was trying to volunteer for DS(as a non-P E5) and was pushed back and forth a lot. First I contacted DS Branch, who told me to contact my branch. Then because my DROS and ETS were too close, he couldn't not put me on assignment. He told me to talk to retention to try and reenlist for DS (which I found out is no longer an option). Retention would not reenlist me because my MOS was overstrength, unless I reclassed, or I was on orders.
So I was stuck, I couldn't reenlist w/o being on orders, and couldn't get put on orders because I had to reenlist (from what my branch said). So I called back to my branch, and then back to DS Branch.

Apparently I talked to the correct person at the DS branch this time because as soon as I got off the phone I knew my projected assignment and I had a school date within less than 2 hours.

So the point of my rambling, you just have to get in contact with the DS branch, but your desire to be a DS has to be blessed off by your branch. Just tlak to both of them.
What type of boots are they allowing in the DSS. Oakley's/Nikes? I am also looking for a good suggestion of Hotels or Motels to place my family in before graduation. Anyone out there have an example of a 4187 Deferment. Need to know what goes in Section IV.

SSG G
quote:
Originally posted by James97:
What type of boots are they allowing in the DSS. Oakley's/Nikes? I am also looking for a good suggestion of Hotels or Motels to place my family in before graduation. Anyone out there have an example of a 4187 Deferment. Need to know what goes in Section IV.

SSG G

The comfort suites right by the hooters on two notch road is nice, i stayed there during ALC.
Hello,

Currently I am on assignment for DS with a report date of Feb, however my ETS date is Oct 2015. Which will not allow me enough time to fulfill a DS tour. My unit is stating that I have two choices.... extend or sign a DCSS. Why would those by my only choices?
quote:
Originally posted by medic1678:
Hello,

Currently I am on assignment for DS with a report date of Feb, however my ETS date is Oct 2015. Which will not allow me enough time to fulfill a DS tour. My unit is stating that I have two choices.... extend or sign a DCSS. Why would those by my only choices?

because you are not a first term Soldier, are you? Either extend/reenlist(if in your window) or sign a DCSS...good luck.

Add Reply

Likes (0)