Reserve to officer?

hello everybody im 22 years old and im interested in becoming an officer. A recruiter told I could go enlisted reserve, and when I finish my bachelors I could try to switch to become an officer? is this True? can you guys give me a little explanation of the process? thank you
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by johnsons:
hello everybody im 22 years old and im interested in becoming an officer. A recruiter told I could go enlisted reserve, and when I finish my bachelors I could try to switch to become an officer? is this True? can you guys give me a little explanation of the process? thank you

Are you currently in ROTC at your school? This would assist you in becoming an officer. if you were high enough on the OML you would get active.
There are multiple paths to officer appointment.

1. Direct appointment. Normally looking for experienced leaders, so it would be a few years before you were eligible. USAR career counselors will be actively looking for applicants.

2. Officer Candidate School. No experience required, but additional schooling is. USAR career counselors will be actively looking for applicants.

3. ROTC. Only if available at your college.

4. West Point. Once enlisted you can get a commander's recommendation.

Add Reply

Likes (0)