Whats the difference between DA select and Volunteering

I have a ATTRs course for Drill SGT School in July. My ERB has me going to Ft. Sill afterwards. Do I still have to put a packet together so I get to go to school or is based on what the packet says. I volunteered when I first made SGT but that was 5 years ago. My ako says I was DA selected. Thank you any help would be appreciated.

PhantomWarriorMedic
Original Post
IT doesnt have to tell you, if you volunteered then you are volunteer, if you woke up one day went to work checked your email and saw an email stating "Welcome to Hell" then you were DA Select...

I was DA Select, but I had volunteered as a SPC back in the day, I checked my profile (out here in recruiting) and saw that I am currently out here as a volunteer even though I am not, I woke up to one of those emails....
From what I have got out of it, there really is no difference other than you making phone calls to try to get it versus you not having any idea that you are getting it.

I had made several phone calls trying to volunteer for it, and eventually talked to the right person and got an email within a couple hours stating that I was "DA Selected" (even though I cleary volunteered for it) and had a school date.
quote:
Originally posted by TransAm95NCO:
IT doesnt have to tell you, if you volunteered then you are volunteer, if you woke up one day went to work checked your email and saw an email stating "Welcome to Hell" then you were DA Select...

I was DA Select, but I had volunteered as a SPC back in the day, I checked my profile (out here in recruiting) and saw that I am currently out here as a volunteer even though I am not, I woke up to one of those emails....

Ha...I was on my way to work when I got a phone call from my PSG..."Did you know you're on orders for recruiting?"

Mad

lol

Add Reply

Likes (0)