I have just been selected for WOCS this week, and would like to get as much headstart as possible. I've been researching for a while, but most forum threads either are outdated or cover questions about the WO packet rather than WOCS.
I apologize in advance if I duplicate someone else's questions that are answered elsewhere. Anyway, as of right now, this is what I would like to know:
1. How soon can I expect to know the class date and, more importantly, class number? If I understand correctly, I would have to wait for about 3 months to find out both via email.
2. It seems that I have to wait for the class number in order to register on WO Net. Is that correct, or can I register without one and start networking now?
3. How and when do I register for the 911-09W (DL) class? ATRRS webpage for this class doesn't seem to have a link to register. Should I use the Blackboard link on WOCC website? I don't want to mess anything up. Also, do I take this class through Blackboard or ALMS?
4. How important is MSAF? I am junior enlisted and have no "subordinates" to provide feedback.
5. Are there any other courses/assessments, in addition to 911-09W (DL) and MSAF, that I am supposed to take prior to reporting to Ft. Rucker?
6. What is the standard for Security Clearance Verification? I've come across conflicting information. Some sources say you need a printout from JPAS, others talk about some "verification" different from the printout. Somewhere else they mentioned DD Form 873. The WOCS Orientation Packet just says "HHC Cadre will verify ... that each candidate has [Secret security clearance]." Does anyone know which document I will actually need?
Any help is most appreciated, especially if you graduated within the last year or so. I do have more questions, but I'll save them for later.