WOCS grads, HELP!!!

quote:
Originally posted by rob1525:
On the day I report to Rucker should I be wearing the WOC rank already or current rank?

They will issue you rank there. Until then you're "fuzzy"- nothing.

BUT they teach AIT there and I didn't want to get mixed up with them, so I was wearing NCO rank to report, had to borrow a knife for my cap. So just use pin-on until you arrive at the HHC area.. Wink
Yes, you will get all your WOC gear at supply at Rucker. Also, you might not make it the first few weeks so why changed the uniform? That will happen in another phase during your training.

Good luck.

Also, follow the RFO to the letter. I deviated slightly from it (when it came to my 1610) and was chastised.

Read it and understand both pages.

I advise to report on the day you should report. I reported early and ended up on snowbird status for sometime.

Good luck and enjoy the experience.
I didnt show up in class a and I just graduated on the 27 sept. they made any active soldiers buy ASUs there were about 3 people towards the end that still had their class A's they were told they WILL buy ASU, they bought them and altered them just in time for graduation.
quote:
Originally posted by ByGrace:
I am suppose to report to WOC in a couple months. I just got my ASU back from the alteration, but its damaged.

I am considering if I should replace it or wait until WOC is complete. Are candidates required to bring their enlisted ASU's?

I would ask on WONET.
quote:
I am suppose to report to WOC in a couple months. I just got my ASU back from the alteration, but its damaged.

I am considering if I should replace it or wait until WOC is complete. Are candidates required to bring their enlisted ASU's?

If your going to replace it do it now because the clothing and sales may be limited on sizes and you wont have time to get a different coat
quote:

Are they going to reimburse you for it? Damaged how? I brought my CLASS As to WOCS but what what happens is, they bring the tailor to your area to get them changed to officer requirements (in a later phase). There is (was in my case) no time to go to Clothing and Sales). Like Snacks said; handle them at your location now.
Good info.
I had new rank sown on, but there is a nasty looking line with tiny holes in the sleeves where they removed the old rank. It didn't look like they were too cautious in removing the old rank and they didn't bother to sow the new rank over it, so it is nasty looking.
I am not going the reimbursement route, it's too much hassle to deal with poor customer service and I'd like to keep it cool.
You keep on posting weblinks to promote your company and reviving old threads.

RPM Publications
Fly U.S. Army
P.O. Box 1253
Daleville, AL 36322
334-393-0817

support @ flyusarmy.com

http://www.flyusarmy.com/shop/...main_page=contact_us

https://www.myarmypublications...fa561d2d7a2a84244f41

Also, no WO candidate needs to waste money on the WOCSOP. Warrant Officers, such as myself, can provide it to them free of charge. There is WONET and many WO Facebook pages that guide and mentor future WO Candidates.
WiseChief,
I have heard that the WOC SOP is a controlled document and is not authorized to be released. In order to eliminate the rumors, I will ask you if there is any truth to this? I applied for the upcoming May selection board and would like to start reading up on it, if possible. I have heard how important it is to learn from you and others. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
quote:
Originally posted by nomar62277:
WiseChief,
I have heard that the WOC SOP is a controlled document and is not authorized to be released. In order to eliminate the rumors, I will ask you if there is any truth to this? I applied for the upcoming May selection board and would like to start reading up on it, if possible. I have heard how important it is to learn from you and others. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

It is an unclass/FOUO doc, not for public dissemination and you get access to it once you are selected by the WOCS board and get access to the blackboard.

I did not really focus on it until I was at Rucker in snowbird status and you have ample time to read it during mandatory study hours. I was one of the graduates that made Commandant's list for my class.
I was worried about studying beforehand as well. once i got to Rucker i had about 10-12 days before class started. it was way more time than needed to stencil all my gear and study the WOCSOP. you can peruse the entire SOP in a few hours, however, even by the end of WOCS, you wont know the whole thing by heart.

Add Reply

Likes (0)