would like to reclass as a 35P

I have an especially difficult case. i am in Korea and would like to reenlist as a 35P. i am eligible as soon as i hit PFC, which is going to be very soon because i got approved for a waiver. the old retention NCO was very knowledgeable and unfortunately has recently left. the new one doesnt really know whats going on but is trying his best to work on my case. i have a 101 GT score and i am aware that i need a 110 to get 35P but the old NCO said that i could possibly get a waiver for that. the GT improvement here isnt very good i tried it and i didnt feel comfortable taking the ASVAB again after that class. it was awful. i would like to learn Korean or Farsi maybe even chinese(which are all available. i am extremely motivated and i will do whats necessary to get 35P. i learned spanish fluently but there isn't a need for that in the Army. i dont really know how to get this process started. what should i do? thank you for your time. any knowledge on this topic would be helpful.
Original Post
I can give you pretty good insight into this as I just finished the process myself. As in finished DLI and follow on training the whole nine yards. What you should do right now is go out and get a book on the ASVAB study it and bring your score up. On your own. If you can do that it will be a decent indicator that you are ready for what is in front of you.

DLI is no joke and is easily the most work I have ever had to do in my life in a school environment. It is like that for most people except for those who have a gift for languages. Also you will have to teach yourself a lot of stuff. You are going to have to go out get material on your own and learn new words and phrases by yourself. So if you can't motivate yourself to raise your GT score you probably won't make it through DLI. The historical pass rate is only around %58 or so.
PV2 C,

Sorry to hijack your post but I am trying to do the same thing. I am also in Korea and my retention NCO said that Korean and Chinese were both not accepting anyone else this fiscal year. Are you getting your info from the BEAR milper and in/out calls or did your retention NCO tell you those spots were available?

Add Reply

Likes (0)